Trends in interior design change over time, reflecting changes in customer expectations and preferences.
Maintaining a up to date & on-trend aesthetic can be important for your Salon to attract clients. A well-designed and well-maintained salon improves your Client Experience can create a positive impression on clients, making them more likely to return and recommend the salon to others.
Having an aesthetically pleasing salon can also contribute to creating a relaxing and enjoyable experience for clients, which can be especially important in the beauty industry where clients (like us!!) are seeking a break from their daily routine.
By staying up-to-date with the latest interior design trends of 2023 and incorporating them into your Salon design, you can create a space that appeals to your Ideal Client and sets your Salon apart from its competitors. This can ultimately lead to increased client satisfaction, repeat business, and positive word-of-mouth marketing.
Interior design styles in salons are also subject to change and can vary based on location and personal preference, but some popular trends which look likely to continue into 2023 include:
- Minimalist design: Clean lines and a minimal color palette are popular this year, with a focus on creating a calming and serene atmosphere.
- Industrial chic: Exposed brick, concrete, and metal elements, combined with modern lighting, are becoming increasingly popular.
- Sustainability: The use of environmentally friendly materials, such as bamboo and recycled glass, is becoming more prevalent in salon interior design.
- Luxury spa feel: Salons are incorporating elements of luxury spas, such as plush seating, soft lighting, and natural materials, to create a relaxing and rejuvenating environment.
- Bold accents: Bold accent walls, statement lighting fixtures, and eye-catching art are being used to create a unique and memorable atmosphere.
Again, these trends may vary depending on location and personal preference, and new styles may emerge as the year progresses.
The design below combines industrial chic with a luxury spa feel for an at-home salon suite
Here are some steps you can take to update your salon with new trends from 2023:
Whether you need small hair salon decorating ideas or need to know how to decorate an at-home salon suite, the process is the same, it’s just the scale that differs.
- Research: Do your research on the latest interior design trends in your industry to see what is popular and relevant, and what may align with your unique brand image.
- Assess Your Space: Assess your current salon space to determine what changes you can make to update it; what is affordable & achievable in your budget.
- Create a Concept: Create a concept for your updated salon, taking into consideration your research, your unique brand image and the assessment of your space.
- Choose a Color Scheme: A fresh coat of paint does wonders, and is the perfect opportunity to choose a colour scheme that reflects the latest interior design trends and complements your salon’s concept.
- Update Your Furniture: Consider updating your salon’s furniture to modern, functional pieces that match your new colour scheme and concept. Damaged & stained furniture is not welcoming to sit in.
- Replace Your Accessories: A sure-fire way to create a big visual impact is to create an immediate impact with little hassle. Adding framed artwork and other decorative elements, such as cushions, plants and flowers, can bring character and visual interest to the salon.
- Organising and Decluttering: Streamlining the salon by organizing products, tools, and supplies and removing clutter can create a cleaner, more functional, and visually appealing space. When you purchase new tools, consider making it a habit to purchase matching colours (ie all black, or a different colour of your choice) for a cleaner look.
- Focus on Texture: Consider adding texture to your salon’s walls with materials like artisan paint (if you’re even a bit handy with a paint brush you could DIY) or wallpaper, if you’re on a budget or aiming for a more cosmetic refurb.
- Invest in Technology: Invest in technology such as digital displays, touchless payment systems, or mobile apps to improve the customer experience.
- Focus on Sustainable Design: Focus on incorporating sustainable design practices, such as using eco-friendly materials, reducing waste, and conserving energy.
- Personalized Lighting: Install personalized lighting that can be adjusted to create the right atmosphere for different services and moods. Table lamps, floor lamps are great. The new LED cordless table lamps are perfect to place where you don’t want the added cost of electrical cabling, or try nice battery operated candles in votives
- Enhance Your Flooring: Consider enhancing your salon’s flooring with an area rug in a position like under visitor armchairs that won’t get damaged by product.
If you are planning a refurbishment, please explore our flexible Design Package Options designed to serve you for more information.
Explore the related posts below for more ideas:
Lisa is a very dedicated professional with a keen eye for fine detail and accurate documentation. I have worked with Lisa on more than 10 airport lounges and I can highly recommend her work. Lisa is also good a reviewing and coordinating services drawings.D. Johnson
(please pin the below graphic to your pinterest board for reference)
(please pin the below graphic to your pinterest board for reference)
(please pin the below graphic to your pinterest board for reference
So, why Hire an Interior Designer?
Unfortunately many people get confused or intimidated by the idea of hiring a professional Interior Designer for their project, and might be concerned about the process of working with a designer & the costs of doing so.
A lot of people I meet feel that they can hire a builder and do the design themselves, selecting materials and fixtures in dribs and drabs, often at the last minute (leading to less choice) with poor planning & lack of an overall vision. This will lead increased costs due to changes, additions and variations that the builder will not have allowed for.
You will save money & time. Your designer will plan functional and appealing spaces, provide drawings, visualisations & material / furnishing selections in a strategic manner so you can get competitive quotes, and you know what the design will look like & cost right from the start.
You require a Qualified Interior Designer & Registered Building Practitioner for any commercial project or residential project that requires a building permit; a proper interior designer is a highly trained & experienced registered professional, not just someone with ‘a good eye for colour’ and a knack for picking furniture.
Let’s make something beautiful together, book an appointment to explore your dream project.
Image: Omar Rodriguez @ormphotography