2014 – CURRENT: LISA ELLIOTT INTERIOR DESIGN – Melbourne
Freelance Contract Commercial Interior Design
Apr 2014 – May 2014: HIRSCH BEDNER ASSOCIATES – Melbourne
Four weeks contract to document and design.
2003 – 2014: SMITH MADDEN GROUP – Melbourne
My position has entailed an active involvement at all stages of a project from early concept stage through to practical completion. My role entails extensive client contact, as well as the supervision of up to six designers and draftspersons, providing technical help and advice. Within the company I liaised with sales consultants and project managers daily on deadline, budget and construction issues. I am required to liaise with external consultants (engineers, building surveyors), and contractors at all stages, and assist in briefing of contractors for tender and on-site resolution of construction issues.
A typical project involved meeting with a client for an initial brief prior to space planning and conceptual design for presentation and budgeting. Upon sign-off I am required to co-ordinate design development and documentation for tender and construction.
I have had extensive experience as the lead designer for numerous International high-end projects, including Airline Passenger lounges. These included implementation of the “change by design” process, and involved assessing existing facilities & quality of service, interviewing senior management, and developing assessment reports, thereby leading to the development of new design standards for roll out. Other projects involved assisting a client’s small design team to develop & roll out pre-established Lounge and Ticket office design standards worldwide, from conceptual stage to practical completion. Each project included site visits & surveys, meeting and weekly teleconferences with client representatives worldwide. Unique aspects of these projects included working with a wide range of consultants (services, structural and fire engineers, acoustic consultants, kitchen consultants) – responsible for briefing consultants, co-ordination & checking of documentation. Sourcing of finishes, furniture and fittings with international suppliers, including developing procurement schedules & identifying “long lead time” items & sourcing custom made furniture. Working closely during planning, design and construction phases with in-house & site project managers & head contractors.
- Air New Zealand – 2013-14 – Lead designer – Engaged to Survey, Transition report and Design Change recommendations for International, Domestic and Regional passenger lounges. Including interview of Senior Executives, survey of various existing lounges, and development of a proposal for a Design change starting at “grass roots” including review of quality of staff & services within the lounge, and quality of the existing fitout, culture of the lounge environment & membership, passenger feedback, development of a new name/s for the lounge network worldwide. Creating a conceptual design for roll-out across various ‘tiers’ of lounges reflecting Air New Zealand’s brand philosophy.
- Emirates Airlines – Lead designer
- Emirates Central Town Office, Copenhagen (new office, historic building) – 2011
- Emirates Ticketing office (airport), Manchester, UK – 2009
- Emirates Central Town Office, Auckland, New Zealand (roll out of Ticketing sales area) – 2008
- Emirates Central Town Office, Christchurch, New Zealand (new office) – 2008
- Emirates Central Town Office, Johannesburg, South Africa (new office & Ticketing sales area) – 2008
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Johannesburg, South Africa – 2008
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Beijing, China – 2008
- Emirates Central Town Office, Melbourne (churn office) – 2006
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Auckland, New Zealand – 2006
- Emirates Central Town Office, Melbourne (roll out of Ticketing sales area) – 2006
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Perth – 2006
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Zurich – 2006
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Melbourne – 2006
- Emirates Engineering, Gatwick, UK (airport, apron)
- Emirates Admin office, Gatwick, UK (airport)
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, JFK, New York, USA – 2005
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Gatwick, London, UK – 2005
- Emirates Engineering, Auckland, NZ (airport, apron)
- Emirates Admin office, Auckland, NZ (airport)
- Emirates Skycargo, Auckland, NZ (airport)
- Emirates Admin office, Melbourne (airport)
- Emirates First & Business Class Airline lounge, Brisbane – 2004
- Emirates Central Town Office, Melbourne (new office) – 2004
- Emirates Central Town Office, Auckland, New Zealand (new office) – 2001
- Etihad Airlines – Lead designer
- Etihad First & Business Class Airline lounge, Manchester, UK – 2011
- Etihad First & Business Class Airline lounge, Dublin, Ireland – 2011
- Etihad Central Town office (new office & Ticketing sales) – 2010
– Dun & Bradstreet (Office fitout) – Lead designer
- This project has been rolled out in 3 stages, commencing with Ground floor, Level 1 & 4, and Level 6. Development of new office design guidelines for D&B, including concept design, finishes, fittings, loose furniture & workstations. The design team assisted D&B site selection & analysis. Consolidation of departments & re-fit of a total of 6 floors.
- Stage 3, 1 floor of re-fitted office space – Current
- Dun & Bradstreet, Melbourne (Stage 2, 1/2 floor of new office space) – 2013
- Dun & Bradstreet, Melbourne (Stage 1, 3 floors of new office space) – 2012
– Hakata Ramen Restaurant (new fitout & upgrade of heritage building) – 2013-14
– High Security Projects:
- Dun & Bradstreet (ATO facility) – 2012
- ANZ Banks:
- ANZ Highpoint (new branch) – 2005
- ANZ Spotswood (re-fit) – 2005
- ANZ Wodonga (new branch) – 2005
– Office Fitouts:
- Intel / Mc Afee securities (new fitout) – 2013-14
- Bravura Software, Adelaide (new office) – 2013
- Bravura Software, Sydney (new office) – 2013
- Bravura Software, Melbourne (new office) – 2012
- Emerson Process Management (Cafeteria) – 2012
- Citrus, Melbourne (new office) – 2010
- The White Agency, Cremorne (new office) – 2010
- Mills Oakley Lawyers – 2009
- Healthscope (new office) – 2008
- Certegy, Melbourne (new office) – 2007
- Heinz (new office, incl Mezzanine, and interconnecting staircases) – 2006
- Iveco Trucks, Dandenong (churn, re-planning of comms room) – 2006
- BMC Software, Melbourne – 2006
- Stargate – 2004
- Carnegie Wylie, Melbourne (new office) – 2003
- EIG Ansvar, Melbourne (new office) – 2003
My experience includes:
– Space planning, research, design development and documentation of office fit outs ranging from 150m2 – 4000m.
– Projects ranging in cost from $400 per sq metre to $4000+ per square metre.
– Experience in building upgrade, including external works.
– Town planning experience
– Selection of finishes, furniture and fittings, co-ordination of door schedules with hardware consultants.
– Design & detailing of joinery including general storage, kitchens & bathrooms, reception desks and boardroom A.V. buffets and boardroom tables.
– Design & detailing of feature partitioning & bulkheads and floorings, product displays, company signage.
– Ceiling services layouts and electrical/communications plans in consultation with contractors and building surveyors where an engineer is not engaged. My current position requires me to have a broad knowledge of Australian Standards and B.C.A. requirements.
– I have an active involvement in all aspects of each project, and a desire to share the knowledge I have acquired.
– Experience with fast-track projects, requiring minimal design development & documentation time while maintaining a high level of design.
1996 – 2003: OFFICE DESIGN CONTRACTS (VIC.) PTY. LTD. – Melbourne
I commenced working with ODC as a Junior designer, and over a period of 7 years rose to the position of Senior Interior Designer. My experience at ODC was primarily in office fit out, but also broad experience in education, retail, hospitality and dental surgery design.
– Backpacker hotel, Flinders Lane, Melbourne – 2002
– Heinz, Camberwell (new office) – 2002
– SECV (new office) – 2001
– Tenix, World Trade Centre (new office)
– AMP (new office) – 2001
– Stargate, Richmond (new office) – 2000
– Swissmech (new office) 2000
– Charter Wilson, Melbourne – 2001
– Bakers Delight, Camberwell (new office)
My position entailed an active involvement in each project as well as the supervision of up to six designers and draftspersons, providing technical help and advice. Within the company I liaised with sales consultants and project managers on deadline, budget and construction issues. I was required to liaise with external consultants (engineers, building surveyors), and contractors at all stages, and assist in briefing of contractors for tender and on-site resolution of construction issues.
Team leader of minor projects, and supervision of Junior Draftspersons to ensure quality and consistency of documentation, providing technical help and advice. Liaising with building surveyors to ensure all designs meet requirements outlined by the Building Code of Australia and the relevant Australian Standards, and consultation with contractors to resolve design details.
Space planning and initial concept design through to full documentation for various commercial projects under the guidance of a senior designer.
1994 – 1996 (Part-time): DESIGNPHASE AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD. – Melbourne
1993 – 1994 (Part-time): KELLEHER AND ASSOCIATES PTY. LTD. – Melbourne
ACADEMIC & INDUSTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- As Senior Interior Designer, I regularly liaise with clients, contractors and consultants to gather the information required for a project. Presentation skills become invaluable for presentation of concept plans and sketches and finished drawings to the client of each project I complete. Good communication skills also go hand-in-hand with good technical skills required to complete the documentation drawings needed for each project.
- 7 years experience drafting & 3D capability with Revit (release 2014)
- 7 years experience drafting with AutoCAD (pre 2007)
- 9+ years manual drafting & rendering experience
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Sketchup 8 Pro
- Proficient in various computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tasks or work environments quickly and effectively.
- Ability to apply knowledge competently and to determine practical solutions to problems by logical appreciation of all the factors involved. Application of professional work practices to achieve excellence in work performance.
- Ability to make appropriate and timely decisions and to logically arrange and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to manage and deliver a project in a timely fashion and dedicated to meeting production requirements.
- Ability and willingness to take on extra responsibilities associated with any position or task set, including the ability to act independently within the scope of competence of my authority.
- Communication Skills
- Disciplined and self motivated
- Willing to take on extra tasks and responsibilities
- Eagerness to learn and succeed
- Committed to working in a team environment
- Kids Under Cover – 2012 & 2013
Design and project management of Children’s Cubbies to be exhibited at the Royal Flower and Garden Show. Awards included Best Architectural Design, People’s Choice Award, & Master Builders Association of Victoria Award for Best Craftsmanship. Interview on 3AW as part of the promotion.
TECHNICAL & PERSONAL REFEREES
- Refer to References.